According to a recent study, employers can benefit from having a Wellness Program in many ways. The study looked at medium-sized and large organizations and found that:
- Recruitment and retention of healthy employees increased by over 30%
- Healthcare costs were reduced by 45%
- Decreased rates of illness & injuries resulted in a decrease of over 15% of lost time
- 12% Reduced employee absenteeism
- 10% Improvement in employee engagement and morale
- 33% in Increased productivity
Wellness programs can be costly but there is significant return on investment that should not be discounted.